"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."
~Roald Dahl~

*****

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Why Are We Here?

I suppose I should begin with a little introduction...

I am a 26 year-old teacher...turned grad student. I am currently working on my Master's of Elementary Education and should complete it at the end of August. I taught 2nd grade for two years before returning to school. After moving to a new city, coming face-to-face with massive budget cuts, and hiring freezes...I took time off to focus on school. Hopefully, with the coming school year I will be able to find a position teaching again. If not in the public schools...in a private school. 

I thought putting together some crafts, games, and activities would be a good use of my time. Being a teacher, I had to come up with relatively cheap projects for a class of 20 energetic children. Sometimes, the crafts were more expensive than I would have liked...but there is nothing like watching and helping children create and learning through arts and crafts! I will also share some of my other passions with you here. Such as, wonderful picture books and little math tricks! 

I hope that you enjoy these ideas as much as I did. And hopefully, you can find a way to work them into your life or classroom! If you ever need something I share with you: a copy of a pattern, help locating a book, or anything else...I am always here. Just email me at the address to the right of the page and I will get back to you! 

Also, if you are a tired parent or teacher...sometimes there will be things here just for you as well. I hope to have several giveaways so check back often! Also, if you need help planning an activity for a specific topic, book, or whatever...I would love to pick my brain and help you!

Welcome and enjoy!!!

No comments:

About Me

We all need some fresh ideas...Right? I'm going to help you with ideas for things to do with your little ones. If you are a parent or a teacher, you'll find easy crafts, books to share, and games to play!
email:

doodlebug.easyaspie
@gmail.com

Blog Design

Followers